MAKING QUALITY MEMORIALS SINCE 1951
Clarence and Elsie Crume started Crume's
Monuments in 1951. The business stayed small
and Clarence sold to family, friends, and local
families. All the monuments were ordered finished
and Clarence would install in the nearby
cemeteries. Their son Phillip Crume lived in
Louisville and would come down and help with
installations. Later Phillip started selling a few
monuments in the Louisville area and started to
learn cemetery lettering.
Phillip moved back to Caneyville in 1977 and became more active in the business. In 1980, Clarence passed away suddenly and Phillip had to take over the business. In 1981 our first shop was opened and we started carving and lettering our own monuments. By having the shop we could control quality and improve production.
In 1982 Phillip's son Mike started working in the shop and helping with installations. In 1986 Phillip'a youngest son Mark joined the business in sales.
Over the years the family business has grown and now we have five sales locations. we serve all of the South Central Kentucky including Louisville, Owensboro, and Bowling Green areas.